Welcome to St. Chad's. This is the oldest building in Stafford,
with a history reaching back into the twelfth century. Many generations
of people have worshipped here and made their contributions to this fine
building. The names of some of them are recorded in our parish
registers which date back to 1636. Yet this represents only a part of
our heritage of faith which stretches back to the time of St. Chad who
was the first Bishop of Lichfield (669-672) and beyond that to St.
Augustine who established the English Church in the year 597.
St Chad's is a gateway into the the past, and centuries of worship, but it also stands in the middle of a busy High Street, opposite Stafford's finest hotel, The Swan. Our aim is to develop a ministry suited to the needs of the present - first and foremost by being a special place which is open to everyone.
Our Parish Profile is here.
St Chad's, St Mary's and St Leonard's Marston will shortly be welcoming a new rector, Fr Richard Grigson.